In June 2009, through a intensive training course and being strictly audited, . was selected by CBI to take part in Export Coaching Programme Tourism 2008-2014 (ECP)
An ECP helps us to:
- Adapt our company and products to EU market requirements and standards;
- Become familiar with EU markets and business practice;
- Develop an export marketing strategy;
- Export to the EU market;
- Consolidate our export position in the EU.
The ECP’s are targeted at companies in developing countries that have the capacity (or potential) to export to the EU.
A company that complies to the following criteria can apply for an ECP:
- At least 51% locally owned, or (co-) owners who reside in another developing country (excluding developing countries characterized as UMIC or higher*);
- 25 to 500 employees;
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of UMIC or higher;
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements;
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity;
- A management which is able to communicate in English;
- The willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European market.